THESE HOPS ARE OPEN FOR SIGN UPS – CHECK BELOW EACH IMAGE FOR THE LINKY!
I am going to be hosting a lot of the giveaway hops that Kathy at IAmAReader.com hosted tlast year.
What is a giveaway hop?
Simple – Each participating blog hosts a giveaway and then we link up together allowing our followers to hop easily from one giveaway to another.
For followers that means lots of chances to win free books.
For host blogs it means lots of new visitors and followers.
It’s a win-win.
Of course, if you host a giveaway on your blog you can also enter all the giveaways on the other blogs.
HERE ARE THE RULES
1. The Giveaway Hop Image must be at the top of your post.
2. Include the linky list with all the participating blogs at the end of your post OR link to the hosts’ sites.
3. Some hops have a maximum number of entries allowed. Other hops may simply say 1 maximum entry all other must be optional. I NEVER allow more than 8 possible entries in any given hop. Only One Mandatory entry. All entries must be able to be done on 1 visit to your blog. Tweet once a day is not allowed. Be aware that many people do not have a twitter or facebook account. If your mandatory entry requires to follow you on Twitter or like you on facebook you are automatically excluding people who may want to enter.
4. You must turn off word verification/CAPTCHA if you are requiring more than one comment for entries – If you are concerned about spam then enable comment moderation.
5. Your giveaway must be specifically for the hop. Unless stated otherwise posts must be up by 9:01 AM EST on the day the hop starts. I prefer early to late so I ask you to put the post up the evening before the hop starts. If a hop starts on say December 5th ideally you would put your post up before going to bed on December 4th although you are welcome to put it up anytime on the 4th. Your post must be live and accepting entries when the hop officially starts at 9:01 AM Eastern Time on December 5th. Scheduled posts are fine but every hop there is always at least one scheduled post that doesn’t go live as planned. Time zones can be confusing 9:01 AM EST is 6:01 AM in California.
6. Keep your giveaway easy to find for the entire time the hop is open. If you post often and your post does not stay near the top of your main blog page then please post a link to your giveaway at the top of your blog or sidebar. I do update the linky to go directly to your post.
7. Please no steamy or gruesome images, my hops are now all “family friendly”.
8. If you are using rafflecopter… Set the rafflecopter to begin accepting entries the day before the hops starts and to stop accepting entries the day after the hop ends. If the hop is running from December 5th to 10th you would set the rafflecopter to begin accepting entries on December 4th and stop accepting them on the 11th. Use caution when using weighted entries. If you mark a task as being worth +10 that counts as 10 entries and will likely get you deleted from the linky list. Please see these examples: (Correct Rafflecopter – Unacceptable Rafflecopter)
9. When you sign up please let people know where you are able to ship your giveaway to. Place your shipping info in parenthesis after your blog name. Example: BookHounds (INT) or you could put (US) or (US/Can). If you forget I assume you are shipping to the US only and will update your link with (US).
10. If you have any questions please ask. If you sign up and can no longer participate please email me so I can remove you from the linky. BookHoundsHops@gmail.com
11. Each blog is responsible for obtaining a prize for giveaway and paying for the shipping. Items such as half off coupons are not allowed.
12. It is your responsibility to check the linky the day of the hop to be sure you are still on it and that your link still works. If you were deleted because I couldn’t find your post or it was up late email me and I will re add you. PLEASE EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Bookhounds@hotmail.com
13. Be sure to tell people what you are giving away and how they can enter. Seems obvious enough but sometimes it is far from obvious when I visit links.
Best of 2019 – January 15-30