I am thrilled to be hosting a spot on the CHASING ALYS by Morgana Bevan Blog Tour hosted by Rockstar Book Tours. Check out my post and make sure to enter the giveaway!
Title: CHASING ALYS (True Platinum Series, #1)
Author: Morgana Bevan
Pub. Date: September 28, 2021
Publisher: C Bevan Publishing
Formats: Paperback, eBook
PRE-ORDER THE EBOOK NOW FOR 99CENTS!
When love’s song takes over, I’m forced to find the beat.
Heartbreak has been my dance partner for years, but I’m done. Love is a complication I no longer want. Especially from a rockstar.
Ryan Evans is the very definition of heartbreaker. Women line up so he can rock their worlds.
Not me. I’m determined to resist his charms.
Who cares if he has striking blue eyes, and a voice that lights me up? Our beats are thoroughly out of sync.
I am definitely, one hundred per cent, never again waking up to a stupid thank you note, for a night that probably shouldn’t have happened, with a guy who’s already on a plane out of here.
Except, there’s something about Ryan’s charming determination that gets past my defences. He creeps into my heart… and my bed, until I’m so wound up in him, there’s only one way it can possibly end…
Heartbreak! Mine. Again.
Chasing Alys is a full length steamy rock star romance. It is the first book following Rhiannon and the first in the True Platinum Series.
Top 5 favorite scenes and why.
How do I do this without spoilers?
- The first moment Alys claps eyes with Ryan. It felt like an electric moment to me. Even though it’s a romance novel and you know how the resistance is coming it’s still a ‘this could go either way,’ hold your breath situation.
- I loved adding Ryan’s playlist. He tries many methods to sway Alys but for me this was such a musician thing. When words fail, music succeeded. It definitely does when I write. Sometimes it just takes the right song to get unstuck or spark a new idea. This was Ryan’s way of shifting gears with his love language.
- The moment Ryan gives Alys a nickname. It blindsided her but it was something special that softened her in a way gifts and words couldn’t. I also love that she’s resistant but secretly loves it.
- The banter between Alys and her work colleagues. I’m going to have to focus more on Nick and Gemma in a future series because the pair of them were so much fun to write. They just got Alys, wound her up and sympathised when needed. Their scenes for me were my ultimate homage to my TV career. The right team makes all the stress and the long hours’ worth it – sometimes it even makes it fun.
- Alys and Ryan dancing. Dance is important to Alys and her taking the time to show Ryan beginner steps is huge for someone who needs the complexity of a dance to stay focused. The fact he enjoyed it enough to do it again and again might have sealed either future too. What? Dancing men are hard to come by. If you find one, grab him and run.
Morgana Bevan is a sucker for a rock star romance, particularly if it involves a soul-destroying breakup or strangers waking up in Vegas. She’s a contemporary romance author based in Wales. When Morgana’s not writing steamy rock star and movie star romances, she’s working in TV production in the UK.
When not writing, she enjoys travelling, attending gigs, and trying out the extreme activities she forces on her characters (see Instagram for evidence!).
3 winners will receive an eBook of CHASING ALYS, International.
|9/20/2021||A Dream Within A Dream||Guest Post|
|9/20/2021||The Momma Spot||Excerpt|
|9/21/2021||Writer of Wrongs||Guest Post|
|9/22/2021||The Reading Devil||Excerpt|
|9/27/2021||More Books Please blog||Review|
|9/28/2021||#BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog||Review|
|9/28/2021||Books a Plenty Book Reviews||Review|
|9/29/2021||I’m Shelfish||Guest Post|
|9/29/2021||Pick a good book||Excerpt|
|9/30/2021||Two Chicks on Books||Excerpt|
|10/1/2021||Don’t Judge, Read||Excerpt|