I am thrilled to be hosting a spot on the DOPPELGANGER by William Michael Davidson Blog Tour hosted by Rockstar Book Tours. Check out my post and make sure to enter the giveaway!
About the Book
Author: William Michael Davidson
Pub. Date: March 24, 2021
Publisher: Shadenger Press
Formats: Paperback, eBook
David Anderson is a mild-mannered English professor until he walks into the classroom one day and discovers the corpse of one of his colleagues. She has been murdered. With all eyes on him, another woman, this time a former student of his, is also found murdered. In both cases, the killer has done the same thing: taken photos of the body and posted them anonymously online. Because of this, the media has dubbed him the Voyeur Killer. When it happens a third time, Detective Grimm, the cold and ruthless woman leading the investigation, narrows her sights on the English professor and begins to close in. Yet David, who has exhausted himself convincing others that he isn’t guilty, begins to question his own sanity. Is he the one committing these murders? Has he been doing it without his own knowledge? Desperate to clear his own name and discover what is happening, he begins to unravel the secrets of a twisted and depraved mind. The only question: is it his own?
Praise for DOPPELGANGER:
“If you love James Patterson, you will love this!!I am an avid mystery reader. This was definitely a page turner. I judge a mystery on how quickly I can figure out “who dunnit”. I didn’t see the ending coming. If you love James Patterson, it is reminiscent of his style yet the author definitely has carved out his own niche. Great Read!!” Amazon Review
“This story is very compelling and David is a character that cared about, could relate to in his ordinary-ness. I like to read books like this that keep me glued to the page, wanting the best for the character but having this niggling worry he’s not all he seems to be. The evil narrator filled me with such dread, pure evil with hope of redemption, a human horror story.” Amazon Review
“Wow. Honestly, this isn’t really my genre. It is just not the type of book that I generally seek out. But I started reading it, and once I did, I could not put it down.” Amazon Review
Top 5 favorite scenes and why.
I had a really good time writing this book. So much of it was personal, so here are my top five scenes:
- The scene with David and his daughter coming home from court. This is the scene in which David already has his daughter’s favorite ice cream ready for her. I think it’s a good “moment” for them. I have two daughters and while fortunately neither has been to court and had the issues Scarlet has, I love the “relational” aspect of that scene.
- The scene when David talks to his daughter about forgiving her mom. Even though it’s a thriller, much of the story (in my mind) is about forgiveness. That was a powerful scene for me to write.
- I like the scene of David teaching his class about Poe and Longfellow. I’m a college professor myself, so it was very natural to write. I had to step back and imagine how I would teach that lesson.
- I like the very small scene in which David leaves the student behind in the class who fell asleep during his lecture. Many years ago, I knew a teacher who did this with one of his students and it always stuck with me (and made me laugh).
- I had a lot of fun writing the scene of David during his date with the drunk kindergarten teacher. I actually eat at that restaurant all the time and sometimes I image that disaster of a date taking place there.
William Michael Davidson lives in Long Beach, California. A believer that “good living produces good writing,” Davidson writes early in the morning so he can get outside, exercise, spend time with people, and experience as much as possible. He is a writer of suspense and speculative fiction. If he’s not writing, he’s probably at the beach.
1 winner will receive a finished copy of DOPPELGANGER, US Only.
1 winner will receive an eBook of DOPPELGANGER, International.
|7/5/2021||Rockstar Book Tours||Kickoff Post|
|7/6/2021||Two Chicks on Books||Excerpt|
|7/12/2021||Fire and Ice||Excerpt|
|7/14/2021||The Momma Spot||Guest Post|
|7/16/2021||Jazzy Book Reviews||Excerpt|
|7/20/2021||#BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog||Excerpt|
|7/21/2021||More Books Please||Review|
|7/22/2021||Writer of Wrongs||Excerpt|
|7/23/2021||Don’t Judge, Read||Review|
|7/27/2021||Every Free Chance Books||Review|
|7/28/2021||Book for Thought||Excerpt|
|7/29/2021||Simply Daniel Radcliffe||Review|