ASIN : B0879J44XZ
Publisher : Tor Books; 1st edition (April 13, 2021)
Publication date : April 13, 2021
Language : English
- What is on your nightstand? A huge stack of books in various stages of read and tbr. There’s William Ritter’s Jackaby, Nancy Springer’s Enola Holmes, and Aiden Thomas’s Cemetery Boys–which I’ve finished but haven’t quite moves back to its self–just to name a few.
- What author would you totally fan?E Schwab. There’s just something about her book Vicious that made me fall in love with novels all over again.
- What makes you cringe? Second hand embarrassment. Every time.
- Do you obsessively plot out each point or just go with the flow? A bit of both. I plan, but it’s all very train-of-thought and flexible.
- Is there a word you love to use? Just. And then I have to cut it out. It just feels so right, but turns out to be just so unnecessary.
“The Helm of Midnight transports readers to an intensely unique and creative world, with interwoven secrets and heart-pounding action. Bloody, ambitious, and absolutely riveting.” ―Andrea Stewart, author of The Bone Shard Daughter
“A mysterious and mind-ripping journey through the mystic depths of time and the darkness of the human psyche.” ―Matt Wallace, author of the Sin du Jour and Savage Rebellion series
“Beautiful and vicious, The Helm of Midnight will snare you with its intriguing mystery and then enthrall you with its rich characters and inventive world.” ―Megan E. O’Keefe, author of Velocity Weapon
A legendary serial killer stalks the streets of a fantastical city in The Helm of Midnight, the stunning first novel in a new trilogy from acclaimed author Marina Lostetter.
In a daring and deadly heist, thieves have made away with an artifact of terrible power–the death mask of Louis Charbon. Made by a master craftsman, it is imbued with the spirit of a monster from history, a serial murderer who terrorized the city with a series of gruesome murders.
Now Charbon is loose once more, killing from beyond the grave. But these murders are different from before, not simply random but the work of a deliberate mind probing for answers to a sinister question.
It is up to Krona Hirvath and her fellow Regulators to enter the mind of madness to stop this insatiable killer while facing the terrible truths left in his wake.
The open skies and dense forests of the Pacific Northwest are ideal for growing speculative fiction authors–or, at least, Marina Lostetter would like to think so. Originally from Oregon, she now resides in Arkansas with her spouse, Alex. In her spare time she enjoys globetrotting, board games, and all things art-related. Her original short fiction has appeared in venues such as Lightspeed, Uncanny, and Shimmer Magazine. Her debut novel, NOUMENON, and its sequels, NOUMENON INFINITY and NOUMENON ULTRA, are available from Harper Voyager. Her first fantasy novel, THE HELM OF MIDNIGHT, is forthcoming from Tor. In addition, she has written tie-in materials for Star Citizen and the Aliens franchise. She is represented by DongWon Song of the Howard Morhaim Literary Agency, and she tweets as @MarinaLostetter.