Published by Montlake Romance
Fall Into A Romantic Mystery
With the temperature dropping and leaves turning colors, it’s time to get ready for the cool days of fall. And what better way to prepare for the long nights ahead than to download a great whodunit novel with a dash (or heaping helping) of romance. Below we have crafted a quiz to help you find your next great read, but be warned, the titles all have mysteries that need to be solved and villains that must be brought to justice. So grab a thick blanket, a cup of hot cocoa, and answer the following questions to discover which romantic mystery you will want to “fall” into next.
- Where is your perfect romantic mystery set?
- a) In “small town USA”. The everyday setting makes the violent crimes all the more shocking.
- b) The rolling hills of Texas where there are lots of places to hide.
- c) In a historic mansion near the choppy waters of Virginia, giving the story a Gothic feel.
- I want to read about a heroine who is …
- a) …one hundred percent devoted to her family yet balanced enough to find success in her chosen career.
- b) … intelligent and diligent, with a pressing drive to help others.
- c) … currently in mourning after losing a loved one, but strong enough to take on any challenge.
- Is your heroine in peril?
- a) She may face down a bad guy (or two), but thankfully her significant other is always there to guard her with his life.
- b) In my fictional world nobody is safe. NOBODY!
- c) The heroine doesn’t face physical danger, but her emotions take a severe beating as she learns terrible secrets from the past.
- When your heroine needs backup, who is she going to call?
- a) Her BF who just happens to be a private investigator that solves crimes for a living.
- b) A steely-eyed Texas Ranger who is known for delivering justice.
- c) The town leader who is a successful businessman and pillar of the community.
- My ideal hero is….
- a) …totally and completely devoted to supporting his woman.
- b) …dependable and incredibly strong, however, he has suffered a loss and every once in a while his vulnerability shows through.
- c) …steadfast, principled, and dedicated to his community.
- When sitting down to read a mystery, the crimes should be…
- a) … studied in a clinical, professional manner.
- b) … frequent and terrifying! I want something that keeps me up at night.
- c) … in the past. I like trying to figure out who the bad guy is instead of focusing on violence.
- When the last page of the book is read, I want to feel…
- a) … that second chances are not only real, but they can be incredibly joyous.
- b) … a sense of deep satisfaction that justice has been found and order restored.
- c) … tremendous hope and optimism for the future.
If you choose mostly As … then get ready to follow dedicated defense attorney Morgan Dane as she takes on her next case in Melinda Leigh’s What I’ve Done.
Morgan has been hired to defend Haley Powell after the young woman wakes up in a pool of the victim’s blood. And while Haley has no memory of the night and no alibi, Morgan is sure that there is more to this crime than a simple case of murder. With the help of her private investigator boyfriend Lance Kruger, Morgan inches towards answers all the while dodging threats meant to keep her silent.
Purchase What I’ve Done by Melinda Leigh Here >>
If you choose mostly Bs … then the lightning fast twists and turns of Mary Burton’s romantic suspense novel Cut and Run is just right for you.
Medical examiner Faith McIntyre is used to investigating grizzly crime scenes, yet she is totally unprepared when faced with a barely-alive victim that looks EXACTLY like her. With no answers and nowhere else to turn, Faith teams up with her colleague-with-benefits Texas Ranger Mitchell Hayden. Together they discover decades old crime scenes, as well as new victims of a serial killer.
Preorder Cut and Run by Mary Burton Here >>
If you choose mostly Cs … then get ready to be transported to the windswept beaches where Mary Ellen Taylor sets her next release Winter Cottage.
When heroine Lucy Kincaid loses her mother, she receives an unexpected inheritance—a lonely old estate big enough to hold the secrets of Lucy’s family. Why did her mother never mention the mansion or the sea swept town of Cape Hudson? Who is Lucy’s father? And why is there a (literal) skeleton on Lucy’s property? With more questions than answers, Lucy turns to handsome local Hank Garrison only to find he has a motive for wanting the Winter Cottage all to himself…
Preorder Winter Cottage by Mary Ellen Taylor Here >>