Do opposites really attract?
Emerson Monroe McLean is a true Texan through and through. But she’s never wanted to be like the other girls she grew up with, the ones who view debutante balls and sororities as stepping-stones to landing the perfect husband.
Yet everyone underestimates Em. When they look at the leggy blonde, all they see is a serial-dater who leaves a string of broken hearts in her wake. What people don’t realize is that keeping guys at arms length is more than just about having a good time; it’s a deep-rooted defense mechanism.
Lucas Harper is California born and bred. The product of his wealthy upbringing and an overbearing mother, Lucas has always been told where to be and when to be there. But after his older brother’s death, Lucas is tired of being a puppet.
Taking a break to figure out what he wants out of life, he moves to West Beach to spend the summer surfing. It’s there that he meets Emerson McLean, the free-spirited beauty who lures him into her bed. Refusing to be tied down, she’s unlike any girl he’s every known.
Can they find common ground…or will their differences tear them apart?
Their chemistry is undeniable. There’s only one hitch: Lucas already has a fiancée. And when she lands on his doorstep, Emerson realizes that for the first time in her life, she has genuine feelings for a guy.
With her heart on the line, Emerson discovers that, win or lose, she isn’t the kind of girl to play by the rules.
Praise for UNDRESSED
“Falling in love has never felt so good. With the warmth of the sun, and the sand between your toes, Derting takes you on the summer you always imagined with Undressed.” ―Heidi McLaughlin, NY Times bestselling author of Forever My Girl (soon to be a major motion picture)
Praise for KIMBERLY DERTING
“A strong debut from a promising author.” ―Publishers Weekly (The Body Finder)
“If you’re in the mood for some psychological thrillers, evil masterminds, strong heroines and hot heroes, then I’d definitely pick up the Body Finder series.” ―USA Today (The Body Finder)
“…fast-paced and engrossing.” ―VOYA (The Pledge)
“As always, this author writes a gripping tale…With another sequel set up, this intriguing series continues to provide great entertainment for suspense fans.” ―Kirkus Reviews (The Last Echo)
“…a refreshing take on paranormal romance…” ―Romantic Times (The Body Finder)
“More great suspense from a prolific new writer with a vibrant imagination.” ―Kirkus Reviews (The Pledge)
Kimberly Derting is the author of the award-winning THE BODY FINDER series, THE PLEDGE trilogy, THE TAKING trilogy, and UNDRESSED (her first book in The Men Of West Beach series). Her books have been translated into 15 languages, and both THE BODY FINDER and THE PLEDGE were YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults selections. She lives in the Pacific Northwest, where the gloomy weather is ideal for writing anything dark and creepy. Her three beautiful (and often mouthy) children serve as an endless source of inspiration and frequently find the things they say buried in the pages of their mother’s books, or on Twitter for the world to see.
Photo Content from Kimberly Derting
- What is on your nightstand? Right now, I’m reading a lot of thrillers. I just finished Rachel Caine’s KILLMAN CREEK (the second book in her STILLHOUSE LAKE series). And I’m in the middle of Alafair Burke’s THE EX.
- What author would you totally fan? Wow, there are so many. Right now though, I would absolutely lose my mind if I came face to face with JK Rowling. Because she’s JK-freaking-Rowling!
- What makes you cringe? This is so weird, but I hate being barefoot. I only do it when I absolutely have to, like at the beach.
- Do you obsessively plot out each point or just go with the flow? I’m more of a “pantser,” which means I generally go with the flow. I usually know how I want the book to begin, and how I think it should end, and then some major plot points along the way. The rest of the story unfolds as I write.
- Is there a word you love to use? My editor once pointed out that my character’s eyes “sparkle” a lot, so now when I finish a manuscript I do a search and try to strip those out. But in real life, I like a well-placed F-word. Sorry, Mom!
This is Kimberly’s starter zoo. She also has cats!
—Giveaway is open to International. | Must be 13+ to Enter
– 5 Winners will receive a Copy of UNBOUND by Kimberly Derting.