Published by Harlequin
By Patricia Davids
May 23, 2017
$5.99 US; 224 pages
Fannie Erb isn’t looking for a husband – especially if it means she has to leave behind her beloved horses to go find one. What she needs is a way to assure her parents that she’s not hopeless when it comes to love. And her family friend, Noah Bowman, might just be her solution.
A fake relationship would free them both from unwanted matchmaking plans, but how could Fannie predict that pretending to date the handsome boy next door would awaken genuine emotions? By summer’s end, they’ll be free to go their separate ways, but Fannie’s growing feelings are transforming her neighbor into the only man who might ever reign in her adventurous heart.
PATRICIA DAVIDS is a USA Today Bestselling author who grew up in Kansas. She began her career as a nurse, and put her dreams to write a book on hold as she raised a family and worked in the NICU. After forty years, she began writing seriously in 1996. Today, she enjoys crafting emotionally satisfying romances where love and faith being two people together forever.
Bon Appétit and a Book:
In Their Pretend Amish Courtship, my heroine Fannie offers the hero Noah some cinnamon raisin biscuits she’d made when they returned home from their first date. When she asks him how they are, his response is, “They won’t choke me.” These won’t choke you, either.
Glazed Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In medium bowl, stir all biscuit ingredients just until soft dough forms.
- Place dough on surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Roll 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2 1/2-inch cutter dipped in Bisquick mix. On ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, in small bowl, beat all glaze ingredients with spoon until smooth. Spread glaze over warm biscuits.
Recipe and photo from www.BettyCrocker.com
Giveaway Ends 6.30.17 and is open to all who can legally enter.
Open to residents of the US
Must be over 18 or have your parents permission to enter.
An email will be sent and you have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
The Winner will be announced within 48 hours at the end of the giveaway.
Giveaway is organized by Bookhounds and sponsored by the Publisher (email Bookhounds@hotmail to verify if you won!)
It has no affiliation with Facebook, Twitter or any other entity.
Void where prohibited.
Not Responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected prizes.