Published by Harlequin
by Maureen Child
Harlequin Desire; January 3, 2017
$5.25 U.S.; 224 Pages
A Lone Star paternity bombshell, only from USA TODAY bestselling author Maureen Child!
Texas toy mogul Wes Jackson is on the brink of a billion-dollar breakthrough—until a sinister anonymous tipster reveals Wes is a dad! Suddenly his family-friendly company is in crisis and Wes’s sole focus is finding the daughter he never knew. But confronting the child’s mother, Isabelle Graystone, means resisting a chemistry that is as fierce as ever.
Wes’s failure to commit sent Belle running five years ago. Now he’s back, making himself indispensable and stoking Belle’s deepest passions. But is his interest in her part of a bigger ploy?
MAUREEN CHILD is the author of more than 130 romance novels and novellas that routinely appear on bestseller lists and have won numerous awards, including the National Reader’s Choice Award. A seven-time nominee for the prestigous RITA award from Romance Writers of America, one of her books was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector.
Bon Appétit and a Book:
Mississippi Mud Cake
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces marshmallow creme
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Cream together 1/3 cup of the cocoa, white sugar, and 1 cup of the butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, coconut, and chopped pecans together. Stir flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Smooth marshmallow cream over top of cake while still hot. Let cake cool completely then ice with chocolate icing.
- To Make Chocolate Icing: Beat together the confectioner’s sugar, the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Continue to beat and add enough evaporated milk to make icing spread on cake.
WANT TO WIN A COPY?
**Giveaway Ends 1.21.17 and open to all who can legally enter.
Open to residents of the US Only
Must be over 18 or have your parents permission to enter.
An email will be sent and you have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
The Winner will be announced within 48 hours at the end of the giveaway.
Giveaway is organized by Bookhounds and sponsored by the Publisher (email Bookhounds@hotmail to verify if you won!)
It has no affiliation with Facebook, Twitter or any other entity.
Void where prohibited.**
Not Responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected prizes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway