By Amanda Forester
Hello all! I love me a great Highlander hero. I can’t get enough of reading about the romance of the Highlands, and those burly Highlanders falling in love. But what makes for the perfect historic Highland hero? Never fear, I have devised a recipe for the perfect Highlander!
- Burly, Brawny, and Braw – The perfect Highlander has got to be built on a large scale. These are men who work hard, play hard, and have rock hard muscles to show for it. Pair that with a ruggedly handsome face, and you got yourself the makings of the perfect Highlander.
- Fiercely Independent – Freedom! These are people who value their independence and never take kindly to anyone telling them what to do. They live by their own rules, set their own code of honor, and fight to defend their rights to their land and their independence.
- Fearless – This is the land that brought your haggis. Need I say more? The perfect Highlander will stand up for what he (or she!) believes in, even against impossible odds. As I read about Scottish history I was astounded at how many times the Scots attacked England. And lost. Again, and again, and again. But they kept doing it. And despite England’s may attempts to conquer their quarrelsome neighbors, they were never able to do it.
- A Bit Crazy – You need look no further than the kilt to know these folks have got to be a bit insane – you have to be to run around the freezing Highlands without wearing pants!
- Tied to the Land – The perfect Highlander knows his land. It is a part of him, and he a part of it. He can live off the land, away from civilization, and be perfectly at home. He is as much a part of the rugged landscape as any rock or bolder.
- Loyal to Clan and Family – The Highlander is honorable to a fault. He will defend his clan, his family to his last dying breath. He will keep his word at all costs.
- Sense of Humor – Whoever created the bagpipes must have had a wicked sense of humor! The perfect Highlander can laugh in the face of danger and find amusement in the crazy drama of life.
In The Highlander’s Bride, I met Highland warrior, Sir Gavin Patrick, who I like to think embodies all these characteristics. It is 1359 in medieval France and all Gavin wants is to get back to his native Scotland. But before he can leave the battlefields of France, he is tricked into becoming honor bound to escort Lady Marie Colette to her fiancé in Scotland. Under no circumstances is he to lay hands on the beautiful, clever-tongued heiress…no matter how desperate the temptation. Forced to pose as a married couple to make their escape, Gavin and Colette find themselves thrown into peril…and each other’s arms. As the danger mounts, so does their forbidden passion. When Colette is taken from him Gavin must choose—will he jeopardize his honor, defy his promise, and fight to win her back?
If you were creating a recipe for the perfect Highlander, what “ingredients” would you add?
Title: The Highlander’s Bride
Author: Amanda Forester
Series: Highland Trouble, #1
Pubdate: September 1st, 2015
Their attraction is forbidden
All Highland warrior Gavin Patrick wants is to get back to his native Scotland. But before he can leave the battlefield, he’s given a final mission—escort Lady Marie Colette to her fiancé. Under no circumstances is he to lay hands on the beautiful, clever-tongued heiress…no matter how desperate the temptation.
Their desire, undeniable
Forced to pose as a married couple to make their escape from France, Gavin and Marie Colette find themselves thrown into peril…and each other’s arms. As the danger mounts, so does their forbidden passion. But it isn’t until Marie Colette is taken from him that Gavin is forced to decide—is he willing to lose the woman who stole his heart, or will he jeopardize his honor, defy his promise, and steal her in return?
Amanda Forester holds a PhD in psychology and worked many years in academia before discovering that writing historical romance was way more fun. A Publishers Weekly Top Ten author, her books have been given starred reviews from Booklist, Publishers Weekly, and a Top Pick from RT Book Reviews. Whether in the rugged Highlands of medieval Scotland or the decadent ballrooms of Regency England, her novels offer fast-paced adventures filled with wit, intrigue, and romance. You can visit her at www.amandaforester.com.
WANT TO WIN A COPY?
Giveaway Ends 9.27.15 and open to all who can legally enter.
US only -Sorry no PO Boxes
You must be over 13 or have your parents permission to enter.
An email will be sent and you have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
Winner will be announced within 48 hours at the end of the giveaway. Giveaway is organized by Bookhounds and sponsored by the publisher
It has no affiliation with Facebook, Twitter or any other entitiy.
Void where prohibited.