Published by Sourcebooks, Incorporated on 2015-03-03
Genres: Fiction, Historical, Regency, Romance
Mary Fleming and John Bexley are the "white sheep' of their large families, written off as hapless, boring—and thus suitable for each other. But they're no sooner married than John is sent off on a two-year diplomatic mission.
Upon his return, John and Mary find that everything they thought they knew about each other is wrong. They've changed radically during the long separation. They have to start all over. It's surprising, irritating—and somehow very exciting...
Nancy Jane LeCompte was born in 20 August 1948 in Eaton, Ohio, USA. She discovered Georgette Heyer in junior high school and was entranced by the glittering world and witty language of Regency England. That delight was part of what led her to study English literature and travel widely in Britain and Europe. She has lived in New York, Boston and LA, her writing life punctuated by breaks where the fates intervened and swept her off in different directions. Today, she lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Jane has written historical and contemporary romances as Jane Ashford and Jane LeCompte. Her books have been published in England, Spain, France, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, and Latvia, as well as the U.S. She is a two-time nominee for a Career Achievement Award by Romantic Times Magazine. Away from romance writing for several years, she recently completed a new historical.
I like to ask authors to share there pets with my readers and here is Jane’s answer:
I usually have a cat, but sadly, I lost my most recent one last year. Here’s a picture of me with a goat buddy from one of Heifer International’s goat birthing sessions. Despite peaceful appearances, this little guy was a real jumper.
PLEASE WELCOME JANE TO BOOKHOUNDS!
- What is on your nightstand? Lamp, alarm clock and a set of small shelves for interesting rocks. I often return from a walk with a pocketful of rocks. Can cause luggage problems.
- What author would you totally fan girl? Laurie R. King. I like everything she writes, but her book Folly is one of my all-time favorites.
- What makes you cringe? Unkindness.
- Are you worried that your Google history will get you into trouble? Nope. Fortunately, the Internet wasn’t really around in my reckless youth.
- Do you obsessively plot out each point or just go with the flow? I make a rough story outline, and then let it change and develop as I write.
WIN IT BEFORE YOU CAN BUY IT!
Giveaway Ends 3.4.15 and open to all who can legally enter.
Limited to US only, PO Boxes OK
You must check back to see if you have won.
An email will be sent and you have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
Winner will be announced within 48 hours at the end of the giveaway. Giveaway is organized by Bookhounds and sponsored by the publisher.
It has no affiliation with Facebook, Twitter or any other entitiy.
Void where prohibited.