Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy:
Curiouser and Curiouser (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
by William Irwin and Richard Davis
- Looks at compelling issues such as perception and reality as well as how logic fares in a world of lunacy, the Mad Hatter, clocks, and temporal passage
- Offers new insights into favorite Alice in Wonderland characters and scenes, including the Mad Hatter and his tea party, the violent Queen of Hearts, and the grinning Cheshire Cat
Accessible and entertaining, Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy will enrich your experience of Alice’s timeless adventures with new meaning and fun.
From the Back Cover
- Should the Cheshire Cat’s grin make us reconsider the nature of reality?
- Can Humpty Dumpty make words mean whatever he says they mean?
- Can drugs take us down the rabbit-hole?
- Is Alice a feminist icon?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland has fascinated children and adults alike for generations. Why does Lewis Carroll introduce us to such oddities as a blue caterpillar who smokes a hookah, a cat whose grin remains after its head has faded away, and a White Queen who lives backward and remembers forward? Is it all just nonsense? Was Carroll under the influence? This book probes the deeper underlying meaning in the Alice books and reveals a world rich with philosophical life lessons. Tapping into some of the greatest philosophical minds that ever lived—Aristotle, Hume, Hobbes, and Nietzsche—Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy explores life’s ultimate questions through the eyes of perhaps the most endearing heroine in all of literature.
To learn more about the Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture series, visit www.andphilosophy.com
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; Original edition (January 12, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470558369
- ISBN-13: 978-0470558362
SOURCE: Publisher / FSB
Here is another book that came into my house and was instantly claimed by my son. This is a series of essays brings up some excellent points about Lewis Carroll, his history and the impact on today’s world. The fact that Alice In Wonderland
You can order your copy from my Amazon link HERE