- Operation Drop-Out: Considering dropping out of elementary school, Billy writes to serial killers and celebrities seeking their wise counsel.
- Billy’s Law: Which Supreme Court Justice prefers the Big Mac to the Whopper? Who is Janet Reno’s favorite crime fighter? What do Robert Shapiro and Congressman Gary Condit say is the best defense for being framed for murder? Billy finds out.
- The Making of the Class President: Billy runs for class president and collects “endorsements” from Nancy Reagan, Dick Cheney, George HW Bush, Gerald Ford, Bob Dole, Ken Starr, and Colin Powell.
- Choosing My Religion: Billy asks representatives from the Catholic, Presbyterian, Mormon, Raelian, Satanic, Scientologist, Hare Krishna and Unification Church (Moonies) what is “cool” or “easy” about their religion.
Presidents, Supreme Court Justices, Celebrities, Heads of Corporations, Serial Killers, Robot Makers, and the NesQuick Bunny have all replied to “Little Billy’s” scrawled questions.
About the Author
Bill Geerhart grew up in Bethesda, MD, in the seventies and eighties and was obsessed with MAD magazine, television, movies, true crime, and crank calling talk radio stations. To the amazement of his high school guidance counselor, he was admitted to several reputable institutions of higher learning, and earned a Creative Writing degree from Emerson College. Geerhart is an expert in Cold War history; his groundbreaking work via his website www.conelrad.com and Bear Family Records have been featured in the New York Times, Newsweek, Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly, and on National Public Radio’s Morning Edition, the BBC, and many other media outlets.
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: William Morrow (March 9, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0061807281
- ISBN-13: 978-0061807282
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
Rarely does a book enter my house and then disappears from my desk so quickly that I don’t get to read it first. That is what happened when I got Little Billy’s Letters. First my husband grabbed it and then my son got to it. I finally had to steal it back. So here it is: a book that is suitable for the whole family. Well, only if you live in the Manson family or one like mine. You need to buy a copy for each member of family though so there is no fighting over it.
This book is pure creative genius! I don’t think I have laughed so hard that I have had to put a book down and come back to it only to find something else just as funny. I think my favorite part were the letters from the serial killers. They are a little sad at the same time though. I highly recommend this book and it also makes a great gift. I am going to buy additional copies as gifts. Thanks Bill all of my holiday shopping is done!
My husband’s thoughts:
I loved this book because it shows that children are smarter than “adults”.
TO WIN YOUR VERY OWN COPY OF THIS BOOK:
Please leave a new comment for each entry!
You must live in the US and not in a PO box, sorry it is coming straight from the publisher!
+1 Leave a comment with your email address
(you can leave a comment daily for additional entries)
+1 Follow me
+1 GoodReads Friend HERE
+1 for each post on your blog or social network or twitter and leave a link here
+1 visit Bill’s website and tell me an interesting fact HERE
+2 Become a fan on Facebook HERE
ORDER YOUR COPY FROM MY AMAZON LINK HERE