I would like to thank Neil for stopping by BookHounds today and answering my silly questions.
Be sure to stop by later, read my review and enter to win a copy of the wonderful book Neil has written. Yes, there are dogs in it, as well as several other animals. This book will truly open your eyes and make you think about animals, the afterlife and what it truly means to be human.
10 QUESTIONS WITH UNSAID AUTHOR NEIL ABRAMSON
1. Bookmarks or dog ears?
–Neither. Whenever I put a book down with the page open, one of my 8 cats sits down on it until I pick it up again.
2. Dust jacket on or off when reading a hard back?
–On. Until one of the dogs eats it.
3. What is the first book you remember reading by yourself as a child?
4. What are you reading right now?
–State of Wonder
5. Do you have a favorite author?
–Many (e.g., Alice Hoffman, John Irving, James Lee Burke)
6. Was there a book that inspired you to write?
–Something Wicked This Way Comes
7. Do you have a favorite place to write?
–The kitchen table (love the easy access to food)
8. How does your garden grow?
–In a Fine and Private Place
9. What is the last thing you Googled?
–“Pig Cheese.” I wanted to know why no one ever makes cheese from pig milk.
10. What makes you cringe?
–When the phone rings in the middle of the night.
About the Author
Neil Abramson is a partner in a Manhattan law firm, and his wife is a veterinarian. Abramson is also a past board member of the Animal Legal Defense Fund, an award recipient from the ASPCA for his legal work on behalf of animals, and a founding member of the New York City Bar Association Committee on Legal Issues Relating to Animals. —