Kim Wright, author of Love in Mid Air has stopped by to answer 20 questions.
1. Book marks or dog ears?
Actually, I just turn the book upside down until I pick it up again so I guess the answer is broken spines.
2. Dust Jackets on or off when reading a hardback?
3. Favorite Author?
4. Favorite Genre?
5. What is the best book you have read this year?
The Privileges by Jonathan Dee
6. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
The History of Love
7.If you could only take one book with you to a desert island, which would you bring?
A collection of short stories.
8. What book have you read that you think is overrated?
I simply couldn’t get through The Life of Pi. Which is weird because I usually finish any book I start, even if I’m not enjoying it.
9. What book are you reading right now?
The Women by TC Boyle
10. What is the last book that you bought?
The Women by TC Boyle
11. What is the last book you received in the mail?
Actually , my own. A carton of 20 copies was mailed by my publisher last week.
12. What is the number of book that you own?
I have no idea. A lot. Maybe 400?
13. What is the first book that you remember reading by yourself as a child?
I loved the mysteries. Nancy Drew. Remember Encyclopedia Brown? I loved trying to figure things out.
14. Do you have a favorite place to read?
On the beach in front of my mom’s condo in Cherry Grove, SC.
15. What is next for you, publishing-wise?
The sequel to Love in Mid Air. It picks up the story ten years later and is told from Kelly’s point of view.
(YAY — sorry, I couldn’t help sticking that in….Mary)
16. Do you have a favorite place to write?
Most of the time I write at my desk but if I’m getting restless I take my laptop to this little sushi place near my house and work at the bar while I eat. For some reason nobody ever interrupts you in a sushi restaurant.
17. Do you have any pets, real or imaginary?
I have the very real Otis the dog and Mickey the cat. A pic of me and Otis is attached. Mickey is camera shy.
18. The last thing you Googled?
A list of character names in A Streetcar Named Desire. I wanted to be sure I spelled Blanche DuBois correctly.
19. What is the one thing you would save in a fire?
Probably a picture of me ballroom dancing, doing the tango with my Russian instructor, Max. I look so happy in the picture it’s like borderline religious ecstasy.
20. What makes you cringe?
People who are rude to servers in restaurants. I have ex-waitress syndrome. I always overtip.